You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Fishing line’ tag.
Before I tell you my story, I thought it would be good to first….talk about ..Freedom…..what exactly is freedom???
For the purposes of my story….the following aptly applies….
The ability to act freely: a state in which somebody is able to act and live as he or she chooses, without being subject to any undue restraints or restrictions…
To be released from captivity or slavery: release or rescue from being physically bound, or from being confined, enslaved, captured, or imprisoned…
It occurred on Monday morning…I was enjoying a solo paddle on the lake…and…..as I looked ahead I could see a rock jutting out of the water…So as not to hit it I touched it with my paddle. To my surprise….it was not a rock but instead….a turtle…floating. It was not moving…was he dead?…or was he just hurt…. and so with my paddle, I lifted him onto the front of my kayak. I immediately noticed the fishing line…. coming from it’s mouth….and it turned out the other end of the line was attached to the shore of the lake.. Poor little turtle …I’ll call him Mike…all I could think was that he got caught on the line/hook…. and had been floating out there with no food days…so I did the only thing I could…..SET HIM FREE !!! I know the turtle Mike, was dead… but at least now… he could float freely into the reeds along the shore . I was a bit sad for the little creature…but it felt good that morning to give him his freedom.
- High school students help rescue sea turtle (newsherald.com)
- Rescued sea turtles released into gulf (VIDEO, SLIDESHOW) (nwfdailynews.com)
- Fishing line traps blue heron in Martin County (tcpalm.com)
- Some Are Still Not Free! (jcalexander.org)
- Rescue At Sea #2-From the Annals of Crazy Osprey Man (ospreycamerablog.wordpress.com)
- freedom (nicholasgamblin.wordpress.com)